Saturday, January 10

Day 6

As You Rise ... Exodus 12-17
Chapter 12 in mp3
Chapter 13 in mp3
Chapter 14 in mp3
Chapter 15 in mp3
Chapter 16 in mp3
Chapter 17 in mp3

And here we see what happens when God softens your heart the hard way. You can continue your life with the illusion that you are in charge. Surrounding yourself with people and ideas that give some semblance of control.

I pray that we understand that we are just men. Before God has to show us that He is in charge.
As You Walk By The Way ... Exodus 18-22
Chapter 18 in mp3
Chapter 19 in mp3
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3
Chapter 22 in mp3

Pride. It can kill you.

We landscaped our house with stones from a friend's field out in the Flint Hills. Every now and then I would get a 200+ lb stone into the back of the pickup just to prove I could do it alone. My father-in-law would offer to help, but I would just have to do it myself. Pride.

I never did blow out my back. But, after moving one or two of those ... I was pretty much worthless for awhile. Getting help is not weakness. Together we accomplish so much more. You just need to swallow your pride, smile, shake your friend's hand, and say thank you.
When You Lie Down ... Matthew 16-19
Chapter 16 in mp3
Chapter 17 in mp3
Chapter 18 in mp3
Chapter 19 in mp3

Chapter 16 verse 17 Jesus blesses Peter and then by verse 23 it is ... get behind me Satan. Don't know if that was the record for quickest turn around, but I'm sure it was pretty close.

All my life I've gone hot and cold. Do what is right and then follow up with sin. It is comforting to know that Christ is right beside me the entire time. Praising the good and correcting the bad. Even if Peter was flawed, Christ still worked with him for good. I pray that He will continue to work with one more flawed man for good.

No comments: