Monday, January 19

Day 15

As You Rise ... Numbers 20-23
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3
Chapter 22 in mp3
Chapter 23 in mp3

Sometimes when I listen to these passages about Israel I'm going: "Oh COME ON! You're complaining again?!" All the while arrogantly keeping in the back of my mind that I wouldn't do that.

So I decided to really think about it. I figure with these versus we are listening to years of time. And how have I lived over just the last few years of my life? You know, I haven't been any better than the complainers in Numbers. Some times I've found myself thinking: "Well God ... what have you done for me lately."

Dear LORD, remind me of your strength and to rely on you. To be quiet in suffering and vocal in speaking the truth. To trust your hand and in the time of your plans. Amen.
As You Walk By The Way ... Numbers 24-28
Chapter 24 in mp3
Chapter 25 in mp3
Chapter 26 in mp3
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3

We are called to be in the world but not of the world.

A risk you run in picking who you run with is in how they will affect your heart. You may be thinking that you can change them ... but it is more likely they will change you. For the worse. So we need to try and balance friendship with people who can strengthen our faith, and the lost of the world. We must not confuse the two.
When You Lie Down ... Mark 7
Chapter 7 in mp3

Do you ever find yourself thinking more about man than God?

Which would bug you more: a friend cursing and using the LORD's name while playing basketball OR a friend asking another player to not curse while playing basketball?

So often we think about what other people think of us. In high school it is practically all we think about. I suppose in a way the rules of man are comforting because they are external to us. We can complain about them, list them, rewrite them, and break them. On the other hand God's commands are internal. We can't get away from them because He has placed them upon our heart. And over time we try to harden our hearts to keep face in front of man.

May God soften our hearts again.

No comments: