Friday, January 16

Day 12

As You Rise ... Leviticus 23-24
Chapter 23 in mp3
Chapter 24 in mp3

On your Sabbath why do you continue to work when you could rest?

Do you have a day where you actually rest and think of God?

Is it the LORD's day? Or is it your day?

Is is a day for God where, at most, you do only the good things? Or is a day of anger and yelling?

As You Walk By The Way
... Leviticus 25-27
Chapter 25 in mp3
Chapter 27 in mp3

First is the blessing for those that stay the course with the LORD:

I will make my dwelling among you, and my soul shall not abhor you. And I will walk among you and will be your God, and you shall be my people.

Then comes the warning for those that do not follow the LORD:

But if you will not listen to me and will not do all these ... I will set my face against you, and you shall be struck down before your enemies ... And if in spite of this you will not listen to me, then I will discipline you again sevenfold for your sins, and I will break the pride of your power.

Do not think just because our country was blessed in the past that the blessings will continue. At one time we followed Christ. At one time (just over 100 years ago) the study of law at universities in our country was studying if the law was right according to God's law. It is easy to see that when our country was close to God, He blessed us. And it will be easy to see that as we now have fallen from Him, he will work against us. And if we continue on this path it is three strikes and you are out. Of course out means: "I will destroy your high places and cut down your incense altars and cast your dead bodies upon the dead bodies of your idols, and my soul will abhor you."

When You Lie Down
... Mark 1-2
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3

What is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him.

Demons know Christ. Demons even fear Christ. Many of us know Christ, but then after that we just don't care. It seems the new/old thing is the: God loves me, I'm a good person, therefore He wouldn't send me to hell. And we all live happily ever after riding unicorns that eat rainbows.

Yeah, sure.

The truth of the matter is you and I are evil and full of sin. If you have listened so far from Genesis to Leviticus: you KNOW you are evil and full of sin. There are plenty of times in my life where I have failed at living the way God wants me to. Same for you.

It isn't about just knowing. It is about knowing and doing. But, we can't ever meet that standard, so thank God for his short cut: knowing and believing in Christ. Christ did the doing and He was the perfect sacrifice for our sins.

No comments: