Tuesday, January 27

Day 23

As You Rise ... Judges 1-6
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3
Chapter 5 in mp3
Chapter 6 in mp3

... thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare to you.

So it is for all those idols in our lives that we refuse to deal with. Sometimes we think we can keep them quiet. But, EVERYTHING will be exposed eventually.

I had a bad habit when I was first married ( and I still have it at times ). If there was something that would cause an argument or issue for my wife and I ... I wouldn't tell her right away. Avoiding the problem. And, of course, it never went away. And we had to eventually deal with it. Well ... by then the problem was much larger than at first.

Sin is that way as well. You can't avoid it and expect it to go away. It will grow. So deal with it now.
As You Walk By The Way ... Judges 7-10
Chapter 7 in mp3
Chapter 8 in mp3
Chapter 9 in mp3
Chapter 10 in mp3

Yes God is a loving god. He even sent His only son to die for our sins.

But, do not confuse love for weakness or indulgence. As the LORD crushed Israel when they turned from Him. So he will crush me if I turn.
When You Lie Down ... Luke 4-5
Chapter 4 in mp3
Chapter 5 in mp3

I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

If I deal with the sins of my life. If I crush my idols, the things away from God that I sacrifice my time and money to. If I finally walk and turn back to the path God wants of me. Then I can claim the call of Christ.

Christ came to call me, a sinner, to repentance. To follow Him alone.

LORD, I pray for my walk. Help me to crush my sins. Those sins that are seen and those that only you see. To cleanse my heart. To tie my tongue. Amen.

No comments: