Thursday, January 22

Day 18

As You Rise ... Deuteronomy 10-15
Chapter 10 in mp3
Chapter 11 in mp3
Chapter 12 in mp3
Chapter 13 in mp3
Chapter 14 in mp3
Chapter 15 in mp3

Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart.

Circumcision was the physical mark of being one of God's people. I can't physically mark my heart, but I can spiritually cut away the calluses I have built upon it. I can cut away the fear and doubt. I can remove the walls I've built up to keep others at arms length.

Until I've exposed my heart for God and for God's work.
As You Walk By The Way ... Deuteronomy 16-21
Chapter 16 in mp3
Chapter 17 in mp3
Chapter 18 in mp3
Chapter 19 in mp3
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3

Justice, and only justice, you shall follow.

Once I have softened my heart to God a nice byproduct is that a soft heart is a heart for justice. A heart the seeks out the truth in love. To not be partial in anyway ... to one man or to another.
When You Lie Down ... Mark 12-13
Chapter 12 in mp3
Chapter 13 in mp3

Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

All. Everything. Holding nothing back.

That can be hard. I'm afraid at times of what God would think about the real me. And then I realize ... I'm like the little kid standing in the open room with his eyes closed: "You can't see me". Of course we can. And of course, nothing is hidden from God. I'm not hiding anything ... I'm just refusing to admit to myself my own sins.

LORD ... help me to let it go.

No comments: