Tuesday, January 6

Day 2

I'm adding mp3 links for the text as well as the shockwave flash player that I used on Day 1. That way you can listen on data-plan cell phones or just download the mp3 to listen to on the way to and from work.

As You Rise ... Genesis 20-24
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3
Chapter 22 in mp3
Chapter 23 in mp3
Chapter 24 in mp3

Hold nothing back. Leave it all on the field. We use those phrases often for sports. But, when it comes to God we tend to hold what we desire most back from Him. We don't give Him the best of our gifts. Abraham was called to give what he most loved and he didn't hold it back. He was going to leave it all on the field. All of the blood of his only son. God also gave it all ... so why can't we at least work to give our best?

As You Walk By The Way ... Genesis 25-28
Chapter 25 in mp3
Chapter 26 in mp3
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3

After getting a stomach virus last week I didn't think I'd ever be hungry. Then I spent an afternoon helping my father-in-law clean up a hedge tree. After awhile, even with a lot of work to be done, I was willing to cut the work short just to get some supper. How often do we do that with our spiritual life? Just like Esau we cut the work God has given us short just for temporary comfort. Rather, tighten your belt and get back to work. The sun is going down and there is precious little time left to us.

When You Lie Down ... Matthew 7-8
Chapter 7 in mp3
Chapter 8 in mp3

And behold, all the city came out to meet Jesus, and when they saw him, they begged him to leave their region. Matt 8:34

I have been praying. Praying for the healing hand of God to stun the doctors. To reach into a life and leave everyone surrounding those whom I am praying for to just be stunned by healing. That they would go home speechless and confused about a miracle.

I have had that prayer answered before. And it was frightening ... even though I asked for it. Seeing God really work, to really answer us, can be a heart stopping event. An entire city came out to BEG Jesus to leave because of that same fear.

Maybe I'll also pray for the courage to accept answered prayers.

No comments: