Friday, January 30

Day 26

As You Rise ... 1 Samuel 1-6
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3
Chapter 5 in mp3
Chapter 6 in mp3

At our house we can hear the cows bellow when their calves are separated from them. At first mother and calf are together during the later parts of winter. But, when the calves are old enough they are taken away and we can hear the mothers bellowing out most of the night. It is a rather lonely sound.

When the Philistines sent back the Ark of the LORD they ...

... took two milk cows and yoked them to the cart and shut up their calves at home. And they put the ark of the Lord on the cart and the box with the golden mice and the images of their tumors. And the cows went straight in the direction of Beth-shemesh along one highway, lowing as they went.

The Philistines wanted to know if it was God who was working against them. And every year as I hear the mothers lowing for their calves ... I think of God.

As You Walk By The Way ... 1 Samuel 7-12
Chapter 7 in mp3
Chapter 8 in mp3
Chapter 9 in mp3
Chapter 10 in mp3
Chapter 11 in mp3
Chapter 12 in mp3

I suppose it is my desire for the tangible.

That is why I at times go through my doubts and struggles with God. I live by my brain ( I'm a teacher of mathematics ) and the wisdom of man is foolishness to God. And the wisdom of God is foolishness to man.

We as a people want to have human leaders rather than God as our leader. They are tangible and we can point out all of their foolishness. We can hate them or we can love them. Yet, in the end they are only men. And all the evils I am tempted with ... they feel, and tend to act on, as well.

I believe it is better to not pray for the success of our leaders. Rather to pray for their salvation and for God to burden their hearts for good.

When You Lie Down ... Luke 9
Chapter 9 in mp3

No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.

Ever tried to drive straight while turning your body and looking behind you? It's really really hard. People tend to drift left or right just by turning their heads, let alone their entire body.

I see my salvation like that. I can't be driving for the LORD if I'm trying to look back at where I've been.

No comments: