Wednesday, January 21

Day 17

As You Rise ... Deuteronomy 1-5
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3
Chapter 5 in mp3

... know that the Lord is God; there is no other besides him.

The Lord is God. I take comfort in that.

No matter what I do. No matter the pains or doubt. No matter what the world says or does. No matter who imagines themselves to be in charge. No matter what foolish thoughts of control we have.

The Lord is God.
As You Walk By The Way ... Deuteronomy 6-9
Chapter 6 in mp3
Chapter 7 in mp3
Chapter 8 in mp3
Chapter 9 in mp3

My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth.

After the Great Wall of China was built the leaders forgot why they needed it. From behind the safety of the wall they began to hate and plot against the man that had created their safety. The very safety the wall and the men standing on it provided led to the forgetfulness and hatred.

In the same way we look upon God. He leads us and protects us. But, after awhile we only see the safety and wonder why we need God. Are we alone not enough? Isn't our own power and minds enough?

I wonder if I'm strong enough to pray that God will show me my weakness. It is a fearful thing to pray that the LORD will temper us in fire.
When You Lie Down ... Mark 10-11
Chapter 10 in mp3
Chapter 11 in mp3

... he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

America is rich. We are powerful. We are safe. That wealth, that power, that safety leads to us living under the illusion that it is US not GOD that is enough. It is very hard for us, you and me ... the wealthy, to rely upon God enough to realize we need saved. And if you live in America do not delude yourself into thinking your are not rich. You are.

Just as the illusionist fakes you out into believing in the lie of magic. Your own wealth fakes you out into believing in the lie of your own power.

I daily wonder how close is God to crushing that illusion?

No comments: