Thursday, January 15

Day 11

As You Rise ... Leviticus 15-18
Chapter 15 in mp3
Chapter 16 in mp3
Chapter 17 in mp3
Chapter 18 in mp3

Don't we all love getting a stomach virus? Most people call it the stomach flu, but flu is usually short for influenza which is a viral lung infection. So you should rather call it a stomach virus so as not to confuse the people who get the flu shot ( for influenza ).

Anyway, for the sake of the reader I will stick the Leviticus version of the hated problem we all get to face with the stomach bug: discharges. One word for either the "praying to the porcelain god" kind or the sitting kind. We had the wonderful joy of everyone in the family getting discharges within about two days.

And having the greatest nurse on the face of the planet like I do ... does anyone want to guess the best way to keep others from getting discharges? Consider everything you touch or wear dirty. Wash regularly. Don't touch anything the sick-ie touched or slept on. Keep your food stuff separate. And after they are all done being "sick" expect them to be still contagious for a bit. At the end of all this CLEAN EVERYTHING.

Our problem was that we were on vacation and living much closer than normal. Usually we have the 'sick bathroom' and keep the sick-ie somewhat quarantined. But, we couldn't. Interesting how useful Leviticus would be on keep the stomach virus 'plague of all plagues' from spreading.

As You Walk By The Way ... Leviticus 19-22
Chapter 19 in mp3
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3
Chapter 22 in mp3

Molech, Ba'al, Kronos, or a god by many other names was worshiped far and wide in the lands near Israel. Many years later after the city of Carthage was defeated by the Romans is was said by Cleitarchus ...

There stands in their midst a bronze statue of Kronos, its hands extended over a bronze brazier, the flames of which engulf the child. When the flames fall upon the body, the limbs contract and the open mouth seems almost to be laughing until the contracted body slips quietly into the brazier. Thus it is that the 'grin' is known as 'sardonic laughter,' since they die laughing.

God's commands about love and sacrifice are rather strange in comparison to the lands that surrounded them. But, today are we any different? Today we sacrifice our children to the gods of greed, lust, and wealth. We now have a president who argued as a senator to take newborn children and set them upon a shelf to die. A practice that still goes on today. We take the life of the unborn just because we do not want them. And fathers take the future of their children by leaving the home.

How far we are from loving others as if they are you.
When You Lie Down ... Matthew 27-28
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3

Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani ... My God, my God, why have you forsaken me

If I said the words: "On a hill far away. Stood an old ....". Would you know what came next. How about "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me". Do you know what comes next?

Psalm 22


Why Have You Forsaken Me?

To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David.

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
2 O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,
and by night, but I find no rest.

...

16 For dogs encompass me;
a company of evildoers encircles me;
they have pierced my hands and feet
17 I can count all my bones—
they stare and gloat over me;
18 they divide my garments among them,
and for my clothing they cast lots.

...

29 All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship;
before him shall bow all who go down to the dust,
even the one who could not keep himself alive.
30 Posterity shall serve him;
it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation;
31 they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn,
that he has done it.

No comments: