Friday, January 23

Day 19

As You Rise ... Deuteronomy 22-25
Chapter 22 in mp3
Chapter 23 in mp3
Chapter 24 in mp3
Chapter 25 in mp3

I think we would help marriages along if we focused, as a church family, on helping them to just be happy for their first year. Not asking for things or doing work at the church. Try to keep them together at home. Try to focus on building them up for each other. Try to help them understand what it means to be one body in the eyes of God.

As we raise up our children ... maybe we could also raise up our newly married.
As You Walk By The Way ... Deuteronomy 26-29
Chapter 26 in mp3
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3
Chapter 29 in mp3

Moses had quite the prophesy concerning what would happen to Israel when they turned away from God. I can't imagine the hunger during a siege of a city that would turn parents to eating their dead children. And all that he prophesied in these versus came about for them.

To often we look at the blessing and ignore the curses. Both are the LORD's word. Because sometimes a carrot works to lead us to the path. And sometimes a stick is needed to guide us to the path.
When You Lie Down ... Mark 14
Chapter 14 in mp3

Is it I?

They wondered if they would betray Jesus. They loved Jesus and Jesus loved them ... and they didn't know. They didn't look around and say: "I'm sure it is going to be Peter or Judas". It was: "Is it me? Am I going to do it?"

Taking an honest look in my life I can ask the same question. Actually I suppose it is: "Am I going to betray Jesus, again." I've failed and I've run and I've denied in my heart at times. And I am so glad He as welcomed me back.

LORD ... I pray for courage and strength of character.

No comments: