Sunday, February 1

Day 28

As You Rise ... 1 Samuel 22-26
Chapter 22 in mp3
Chapter 23 in mp3
Chapter 24 in mp3
Chapter 25 in mp3
Chapter 26 in mp3

Thanks Mom and Dad. You didn't name me Fool.

There is a funny song by Berkley Hart called Elvis Einstein. The song is about an old man that finds a baby abandoned in a dumpster. The old man thinks that to make it in life you need to be pretty, smart, have money and friends. So he names the baby Elvis Einstein Rockefeller Jones. The rest of the song has the baby getting his name changed as he is moved from place to place.

As far as the name Nabal ... I pray that my wife will NEVER have to intercede on my behalf because I am a fool.

As You Walk By The Way ... 1 Samuel 27-31
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3
Chapter 29 in mp3
Chapter 30 in mp3
Chapter 31 in mp3

And when Saul inquired of the Lord, the Lord did not answer him.

I can't list all the pain that I see going on around me at times ... pain that hits on the outside of my life. Cancer, death of a child, death of a wife, death of father, broken marriages, broken lives, addiction. All things that only others and friends have experienced ... so far.

I wish I had the perfect answer to give when they ask where God is when they are in pain.

All I can think of is the stream back where I grew up in Ohio. At times it flowed it and at times it dried up. I have wonderful memories of it and painful memories as well. But, it was my stream. Where I played with my family splashing in the water and later got stuck knee deep in mud until I felt like I lost a pint of blood to mosquitoes. Where I saw and learned about life and death.

The knowledge we get is not just of good. Rather it is the Knowledge of Good AND Evil. The only answer I can think of as to why? ...

It rains when it rains. But, here is my hand. Take it and I'll help as best as I can.

When You Lie Down ... Luke 12-13
Chapter 12 in mp3
Chapter 13 in mp3

When you give people a second or third chance to change do you give them the tools to change?

I would never expect to get a good crop in poor soil if I used no manure or fertilizer. If you keep coming back expecting someone to change ... it would be better if you stayed with them and nourished the soil of their life instead.

No comments: