Saturday, February 14

Day 41

As You Rise ... 1 Chronicles 25-29
Chapter 25 in mp3
Chapter 26 in mp3
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3
Chapter 29 in mp3

... direct their hearts toward you.

When I pray with my sons at night this is one thing I tend to always cover. That tomorrow they will listen to God as He speaks to their hearts.

Snips and snails, and puppy-dogs' tails are what little boys are made of. We, men and boys, tend to be creatures of action. Of running and feeling the moment. Not of listening to the pull of the Spirit upon us in the moment.

So I'll continue to pray with my sons for us to listen when God speaks.
As You Walk By The Way ...2 Chronicles 1-6
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3
Chapter 5 in mp3
Chapter 6 in mp3

We may want to be great. To have wealth and power. To be liked and loved. To do great things that will be remembered.

But, none of that can happen without ability and action. An athlete wouldn't dream of doing well by putting on 15 pounds of fat and sitting on the couch all day every day. Likewise we can't just do nothing and then ask God to fulfill our desires.

Solomon asked for the ability to do the task set out for him. For the tasks in your life what abilities do you need from God? Then ask for them and follow it up by using them.
When You Lie Down ... John 9-10
Chapter 9 in mp3
Chapter 10 in mp3

How did he open your eyes?

"I don't believe ... I don't believe ... I don't believe ... I can't believe ..."

Ever been faced with a miracle? Do you sit there afterwords with your eyes closed and fingers in your ears crying "I don't believe".

Do not be so insistent on your own strength that you will deny God's power. God works in your life and in the life of others. In ways that make you sit back and be amazed. In ways that are foolishness to the world.

No comments: