Sunday, February 15

Day 42

As You Rise ... 2 Chronicles 7-12
Chapter 7 in mp3
Chapter 8 in mp3
Chapter 9 in mp3
Chapter 10 in mp3
Chapter 11 in mp3
Chapter 12 in mp3

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin.

It isn't much to ask of us. If you want God to hear and forgive ... humble yourself, pray, seek God, and STOP DOING WRONG.

I just had a talk today with a coworker about the people that humble themselves, pray, and seek God. And that is it. They just continue to sin and continue to do wrong.

I know a family councilor who is now working as a middle school teacher. All because he could give good advise. The people would understand and agree that it was good advise. Then they would go home and keep on doing the same sin over and over.

Stop means stop.
As You Walk By The Way ...2 Chronicles 13-16
Chapter 13 in mp3
Chapter 14 in mp3
Chapter 15 in mp3
Chapter 16 in mp3

And when the men of Judah shouted, God defeated Jeroboam ...

God is on our side and who can stand against us? .... No ... that isn't right .... How about: We are on God's side and who can stand against Him?

It isn't right for me to think that God is for me. Rather I need to seek what God wants. And then stand for that. God is on the side of the poor, the weak, the abused, the honest, the prisoner, of Truth, and of His Word.

I just need to seek out where He would have me stand.
When You Lie Down ... John 11-12
Chapter 11 in mp3
Chapter 12 in mp3

So the chief priests made plans to put Lazarus to death as well, because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and believing in Jesus.

And again we see people who would rather see the man than the miracle. I know I have talked about this before, but it deserves to be pointed out in our lives. I myself find myself struggling at times when someone mentions a miracle in their life.

What do I do with the man who goes to the doctor and who is then surprised to see the cancer gone?

What do I do with the pound of meat the feeds dozens?

What do I do with the whispers of God to brings me to the right place at the right time to act?

Should we continue in the way of the world and deny the truth that is rightfully Gods? No. Praise God and believe. Be reborn with the faith of a child.

No comments: