Thursday, February 26

Day 53

As You Rise ... Job 32-34
Chapter 32 in mp3
Chapter 33 in mp3
Chapter 34 in mp3

Remember when you knew everything there was to know?
Back when you were young?

It is not the old who are wise, nor the aged who understand what is right. Therefore I say, ‘Listen to me; let me also declare my opinion.’

Yeah, I was like that. No wait ... I still am. Or else I wouldn't be typing this right now. Listen to me! Let me declare my opinion! That thump you just heard was my heading hitting my desktop.

There is a balance in what you know, or what you feel you are being led to say, versus preaching to hear your own voice. I never want to become the man standing in front of others who loves the sound of his voice. Who is certain their words are golden. Who others declare to be as eloquent as great men of old ... even before the speech has been given.

My biggest worry in what I type is that I become Elihu. The words may be smooth at times. They may be rough at times. They may form a speech that people can nod their heads to and agree with at times. "Yes that is so well said." Or not.

But, within the words there is no glory given to God. That is my worry in my life as well. That within the pages of my life I don't reflect who God wants me to be. That I become a wall ... rather than an open window.

LORD, humble me. Open me. Help me to pull back who I am and let you come through.
As You Walk By The Way ...Job 35-37
Chapter 35 in mp3
Chapter 36 in mp3
Chapter 37 in mp3

We all have an unjust accuser. It may be a family member, an enemy, or THE Enemy. But, the one I'm thinking of looks back at you from the mirror.

Elihu condemned Job and then wrapped himself with words about God. Don't you find yourself filling both roles in your life at times? You are hurting and you have that whisper in your ear reminding you about your sins. About what you have done wrong. How can a person so flawed NOT be punished by God?

Just remember what Christ said ... You are forgiven. Go and sin no more.

Yes we are flawed. Yes we are fallen. But, as you look in the mirror don't see with the eyes of an accuser. Eyes that are blinded and see only darkly. See with the eyes of Christ.

Who loved you so much as to be beaten beyond recognition for you. Who loved you so much that thorns were jammed upon his head. Who loved you so much that he willingly took nails being driven through his hands and feet. Who loves you so much He stood between you and the punishment.

Can you imagine the love that must be in His eyes as He looks upon you?
When You Lie Down ... Acts 14-15
Chapter 14 in mp3
Chapter 15 in mp3

And with Christ's sacrifice is freedom from the Law. Of course that is actually somewhat harder on us. Because no longer is the Law a written thing on paper for us. It is the Law that God has written upon our hearts.

You can always try and justify breaking the laws on paper. You speed down the road well above the speed limit ... but you didn't hurt anyone. We can always change what is written or argue about the meaning of the word 'is'.

Upon our hearts means one-on-one with God. You know when you are wrong and when you are in the right. No cheating there.

No comments: