Tuesday, February 24

Day 51

As You Rise ... Job 11-16
Chapter 11 in mp3
Chapter 12 in mp3
Chapter 13 in mp3
Chapter 14 in mp3
Chapter 15 in mp3
Chapter 16 in mp3

Zophar: But the eyes of the wicked will fail; all way of escape will be lost to them, and their hope is to breathe their last.

Job: The tents of robbers are at peace, and those who provoke God are secure.

So who is right?

We see pain and suffering in the world. We experience them.

Job is crying out for an answer. And at times we take the way of his friends ... If you are suffering it is because you deserve it. But, that doesn't have to be true. You may be suffering and there is no wrong being punished in you.

The only way to truly have a hope of knowing what is going on is to struggle with God. To wrestle with Him. To talk and listen. To live. To try.

Wrestle with God and don't let go.
As You Walk By The Way ...Job 17-21
Chapter 17 in mp3
Chapter 18 in mp3
Chapter 19 in mp3
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.

And in all of our suffering we have Christ. Who stood upon the earth and bore the pain, felt the temptations, cried the tears, lived the life, and made the sacrifice.

And in our flesh we shall see Him with our own eyes. And have comfort.

For our Redeemer lives!
When You Lie Down ... Acts 9-10
Chapter 9 in mp3
Chapter 10 in mp3

Everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.

As salvation for Job came from looking forward to Christ. From seeing through his pain to Christ standing in heaven as the witness who testified for him on high. Our salvation comes from Christ as well.

Our sins may be forgiven, but we must strive to live a life worthy of His name. How small of a thing it is to live a life of thankfulness. God poured out the gift of salvation for me ... I can not spit upon that. I must live a life that honors it.

And I will fail.

But, I must remind myself daily ... and try daily.

No comments: