Wednesday, February 11

Day 38

As You Rise ... 2 Kings 24-25
Chapter 24 in mp3
Chapter 25 in mp3

So Judah was taken into exile out of its land.

There is always a consequence to your actions. No matter how far out they may be. You will eventually have to deal with your problems. I doubt many great grand fathers thought about how their personal sins would lead their decedents away from God.

I'm sure it started small. They just kept the high places. They still worshiped God, but why not talk to some "lesser" god about the small issues? It wouldn't be that big an issue would it?

We sacrifice truth as well. We look at sexual sins and shrug our shoulders. We look at greed and turn our cheek while holding out our hand for the offering.

But, don't fool yourself. God sees. And God will act.
As You Walk By The Way ...1 Chronicles 1-3
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3

That is a lot of names. I just wanted to be honest about what first came to me as I listened to these chapters.

My wife asked me why verses like these are in the Bible. I can't really say why because I don't know. One idea I did have ... God did fulfill His promise to Abraham. He did have a lot of kids.
When You Lie Down ... John 5
Chapter 5 in mp3

They asked him, “Who is the man who said to you, ‘Take up your bed and walk’?

"Don't confuse me with your facts and logic! I have an agenda and you are upsetting it!" ... Not that anyone actually says this, but we do act that way.

When Christ healed him others were more interested in the bed roll then the healed man. How sad that we can live in the same way. We don't see the eternal soul in front of us. We just see someone we don't like. We don't see the naked and sick. We just see the new toy we can buy with our own money.

LORD ... Open my eyes! Let me see the healing and not the bed roll.

No comments: