Tuesday, February 10

Day 37

As You Rise ... 2 Kings 15-18
Chapter 15 in mp3
Chapter 16 in mp3
Chapter 17 in mp3
Chapter 18 in mp3

He removed the high places and broke the pillars and cut down the Asherah.

The first thing that came to me when I heard the above ... Finally!

Then I looked at my life. Sadly, I am not Hezekiah. It will take effort and pain ... but I hope to someday be able to say that I did in my life as he did in his.

LORD, make me as Hezekiah. Help me to remove my high places from my life.
As You Walk By The Way ... 2 Kings 19-23
Chapter 19 in mp3
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3
Chapter 22 in mp3
Chapter 23 in mp3

There was a question at church the other day about how we should engage a culture that is so far from God or should we separate ourselves from the culture.

Hezekiah did more than all those before or after him for the Lord. Yet, his people were still carried off to exile. It doesn't matter how far our own culture has fallen. We may or may not be able to turn it back to the Lord. We are still called to act.

And our calling by God is to be the salt of the earth. To be that which preserves.
When You Lie Down ... John 3-4
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3

And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.

Throw open my life.

That is the phrase I like to think about. I can't hide anything from God anyway. But, to throw open my life to Him is so hard. To expose who I truly am to Christ and for Christ.

It is like the times when you clean up your office and just end up putting the mess into a box and stuffing it on a shelf. You may have organized the mess, but it is still there. You haven't really dealt with it. If you really want to clean up you need to throw out the junk and take care of the problems. To deal with my sins I need to go through them and hand them over to God.

No comments: