Friday, February 27

Day 54

As You Rise ... Job 38-42
Chapter 38 in mp3
Chapter 39 in mp3
Chapter 40 in mp3
Chapter 41 in mp3
Chapter 42 in mp3

And now the LORD answers Job. Eventually God told Job all that happened from the beginning of this story. Or we obviously wouldn't have the first few chapters.

But for now what answer does Job get? ... "I'm God. Period."

It all really boils down to that essence of truth. We are dealing with I AM. Hold up your hand and look at it. The details of all that you see. Everything you have ever done. Holding your children. Striking in anger. All that you are. Only by the will of God are you here. With a simple breath and desire it could all be gone. And by His amazing love our soul will continue for eternity.

No matter the situation you find yourself in ... remember. Remember the love of a Dad who takes the punishment deserved by you. Remember the love of a Dad who, through His infinite will, sustains your life and your eternal soul. Our LORD is the great I AM.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 1-6
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3
Chapter 5 in mp3
Chapter 6 in mp3

Make them bear their guilt, O God;
let them fall by their own counsels;
because of the abundance of their transgressions cast them out,
for they have rebelled against you.

I used to struggle with the above. I used to think that I would be praying AGAINST someone with those words. But, being a Dad I now understand the idea of consequences.

Many people will not change unless they are humbled. I've mentioned before about needing to soften our hearts. And I can think of two ways ... We try to tenderize our own hearts or God will tenderize our hearts with adversity.
When You Lie Down ... Acts 16-17
Chapter 16 in mp3
Chapter 17 in mp3

They received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

This is an invitation to judge me.

Never read or listen to anything without examination when someone is speaking about the LORD. God wants a personal relationship with you so don't allow someone to stand in between you and Him. I don't believe in a holy interpreter. I believe in the LORD.

So many came before me that had a greater relationship with God than I. Yet I will weight their words and actions against the Word and against what I know to be true about God. I say to do this because I am a man. And I know my heart. They were men as well who had the same heart of flesh. Even Peter was corrected by Paul.

LORD ... give me a discerning heart.

No comments: