Monday, February 9

Day 36

As You Rise ... 2 Kings 10-12
Chapter 10 in mp3
Chapter 11 in mp3
Chapter 12 in mp3

A generation is a long time. My great grandparents and great-great grandparents generation "discovered" the problem of drugs about 1900. Which lead to a lot of problems and push back against the social ills that came with them. Then my parents generation "discovered" drugs again in the 1960's. Which lead to a lot of problems and push back against the social ills that came with them.

It is interesting how sin in our generations work that way. Over and over again you see the Kings falling to sin and against God. And over and over again you see the results. Events have not changed over time.

The question to us ... will you sin in the way of our fathers or follow God in the way of our fathers.
As You Walk By The Way ... 2 Kings 13-14
Chapter 13 in mp3
Chapter 14 in mp3

I wonder what my high place is? That part of me that I don't want to surrender to God. He calls us to give him our everything ... yet ... I tend to hold back from Him.

I suppose my high place is what you are looking at. Technology. I'm not type-A by any name. But, I like the control and ownership of my tech-toys. It is mine and I tend to sacrifice money and especially time for things that I shouldn't.

What is your high place?
When You Lie Down ... John 1-2
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3

The light shines in the darkness ...

Darkness is the absence of light. The smallest light doesn't "drive out" darkness. The Light just IS. You can see it from across the distance because dark can't hold it back.

Christ is our light. The darkness of any of my sins can't hold Him back. He shines upon everything in my life. The darkness of my life isn't what is hurt by Christ ... but the things you imagine to be hidden burn in His light.

I just needed to accept that and throw my life open to him.

No comments: