Friday, March 20

Day 68

As You Rise ... Psalms 119
Chapter 119 in mp3

My soul keeps your testimonies; I love them exceedingly.

LORD ... give me a heart for your Word.

To listen with my heart and soul. To burn them upon my mind. To know what you are saying to me and to understand.

To bring them forth during the day as I work. To think about them when I'm angry with others. To memorize them for when I fear anything in my life.

Help me to understand and to love your testimony.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 120-122
Chapter 120 in mp3
Chapter 121 in mp3
Chapter 122 in mp3

I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord!”

"Oh ... can't we stay home this Sunday? It was such a long week! And, I'd rather be watching football anyway."

One day of rest.

I would rather think that for the church family it is one day of focus. A focus on God. Not on the 'me stuff'. To focus purely on God for once in our week.

To give up the running and doing.

To just focus on loving God and loving each other.
When You Lie Down ... 1 Corinthians 8-9
Chapter 8 in mp3
Chapter 9 in mp3

I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.

I ran cross country in college for one season. I thought it would kill me. I was a 400 meter sprint type of guy. Not a 5 mile type of guy.

But, it made me stronger.

When you train for a race you never just run that distance anyway. You want to train to race a mile? You do anything from half-mile sprints and 6 miles endurance runs. And you don't do it halfway. You train hard to improve.

The same can be said for taking control of your body spiritually.

To can't just go about this halfway. You train hard. You think hard on the Word. You train with others. You let the difficulties in life strengthen you. You refresh yourself with God's Word and prayer.

Train hard and live well.

No comments: