Monday, March 9

Day 64

As You Rise ... Psalms 84-87
Chapter 84 in mp3
Chapter 85 in mp3
Chapter 86 in mp3
Chapter 87 in mp3

Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

I was thinking about the times that God has made me glad. Usually they were when I was outside and part of His creation.

When I was running on the backside of 400 meters in track. When the wind was at my back, the world went silent, and the only thing I heard was my own feet hitting the track.

When the sun just came up as I was watching the deer wake from up in my tree stand. And I never had a chance to take a shot. So I just watched and listened.

When an owl about landed on my head in the same tree stand.

Yelling "Hmm BAAA!" across the pasture as I went to get the dairy cows in for Grandpa. And having no idea what "Hmm BAAA!" means.

Finding out that when adult beavers are playing in the creek they sound like puppies squeaking.

God is an amazing God.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 88-90
Chapter 88 in mp3
Chapter 89 in mp3
Chapter 90 in mp3

You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves rise, you still them.

All that we see. All that has been made is the LORD's. And every storm, every sunrise, and every sunset just amazes me with what He has given us.
When You Lie Down ... Romans 12-14
Chapter 12 in mp3
Chapter 13 in mp3
Chapter 14 in mp3

... one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.

The most merciful person I know is my wife. She has an amazing heart for helping others. And an amazing mind for getting it done right. She got that heart from her mother. And the most cheerful person in their mercy I know of is my wife's Mom.

As a proper son-in-law I do make fun of her. But, I can say that God has given her a merciful heart. Enough of one that she can take a movie with a sad ending and think up the "actual" happy ending that occurs just after the movie ends. Because God put upon her heart a heart of mercy. One that seeks to help others and give them joy.

And through all that she does it cheerfully.

For the rest of us who scratch our heads at being happy in times of pain ... where mercy is most needed ... she is happy and finds people who need it. It is confusing for us, because we need to give more mercy to others and more cheer. And God may not have given us that gift.

Thankfully He has made the merciful.

No comments: