Wednesday, March 4

Day 59

As You Rise ... Psalms 40-43
Chapter 40 in mp3
Chapter 42 in mp3
Chapter 42 in mp3
Chapter 43 in mp3

My soul is cast down within me;
therefore I remember you
from the land of Jordan and of Hermon,
from Mount Mizar.

Deep calls to deep
at the roar of your waterfalls;
all your breakers and your waves
have gone over me.

When I sit at the bottom of depression. When I look around and only see the fallen nature of my flesh and despair. When I am down upon my knees and fall forward into the mud of self hatred.

I stop. I sit back and raise my face to the sky.

The LORD is God. He IS.

I open my arms to feel the rain of His creation. To listen to the laughter of my children. To watch the sky burn red as night comes. To taste the wonders of the fruit of the land. To smell the earth after the rain.

LORD you Are. You are my Hope. You are the Hope of the world.

You Are and You love us. Flaws and all.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 44-48
Chapter 44 in mp3
Chapter 45 in mp3
Chapter 46 in mp3
Chapter 47 in mp3
Chapter 48 in mp3

Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

Do. Do. Do. We've got to keep moving. If you stop the world will run you over. No being still here. Keep up. Run. What are you doing sitting there? Get to watching TV! Get to listening to the music! Get to doing your homework! Get to yelling at the kids! Move Move Move.

...
...
...

Just be still. Just stop. Get down on your knees. Is the TV off? Is the music off? Hold your children close. Tell them you love them. Tell them how God loves them. Describe the beauty that God has placed within you and them.

Be Still. And Pray.
When You Lie Down ... Acts 27-28
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3

... see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
and turn, and I would heal them.

In the hard times the load becomes easier if we can see, hear, and understand what God has done for us before.

So bring before your eyes what God has done. Is it your children? Is it friends? Is it your wealth? Is it your status? Now take what you see and give it over to the LORD.

Bring before your ears what God has done for you. It is the songs of your kids as they play? Is it the word of encouragement of a friend? Is it the praise of a boss? Now take what you hear and give it over to the LORD.

Turn all that you are back to the LORD.

No comments: