Saturday, March 7

Day 62

As You Rise ... Psalms 68-71
Chapter 68 in mp3
Chapter 69 in mp3
Chapter 70 in mp3
Chapter 71 in mp3

More in number than the hairs of my head are those who hate me without cause; mighty are those who would destroy me, those who attack me with lies.

When things go wrong it feels as if I'm isolated and against the whole world. That the things lined up on the other side far outnumber my side. The problems are so big and I'm so small.

But isn't that to my advantage?

I never ran faster in track when I didn't run harder. I never got stronger when I didn't lift more than I did before. I might have complained to the coach about doing a second set of 400meter sprints. But, I wouldn't get to finals without them.

So as we look out at our enemies.

They may seem numerous. The sky darker than you have ever seen. The wind stronger. And the air colder.

Look at your eternal Coach.

He wouldn't ask you to face this if He didn't know you could handle it. He will be beside you with what you need to finish. Encouragement. Nourishment. Comfort.

And a good solid yell for you to get moving at times.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 72-76
Chapter 72 in mp3
Chapter 73 in mp3
Chapter 74 in mp3
Chapter 75 in mp3
Chapter 76 in mp3

Give the king your justice, O God.

LORD, give us your justice.

Give us a heart of love for those whom everyone else hates.

Bring prosperity to the hills so we can give freely to those without.

Keep our table full of people who have nothing to eat ... and no one to eat with.

Let us live as fathers to those with no father.

Let us be the loving child to those alone in the nursing homes.

Let us be the righteous judge for those who justice fails.

Help us to break the teeth of the wicked who devour the weak.

Raise up men who will burn for Your Truth and Your Justice.

Amen. And Amen.
When You Lie Down ... Romans 8-9
Chapter 8 in mp3
Chapter 9 in mp3

"Daddy! Look at me!"

Those four words from my youngest son taught me so much about the LORD. We were in the kitchen with him sitting on the counter top and me standing beside him making the snack. He was talking and I was doing the typical head nods and grunts of acknowledgment. But, I wasn't looking at him as he talked to me.

He reached up and grabbed my face with both hands. And turning my head to him he told me: "Daddy! Look at me!". I will remember that until the day I die.

And what an amazing God we have.

Where we can reach out, grab Him, and cry out: Daddy!

No comments: