Sunday, March 1

Day 56

As You Rise ... Psalms 16-19
Chapter 16 in mp3
Chapter 17 in mp3
Chapter 18 in mp3
Chapter 19 in mp3

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

I've seen the glory of God in the smiles of my children.
In the red sunset of the Kansas plains.

I've seen the glory of the LORD in an eagle floating over the plain.
In the white breath of my son on a cold winter morning.

I've seen the glory of God in my wife holding a child.
In the dancing of a calf across the field.

I've seen the glory of the LORD in the black of night.
In the wind flowing across the grass.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 20-25
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3
Chapter 22 in mp3
Chapter 23 in mp3
Chapter 24 in mp3
Chapter 25 in mp3

The below images are from a Kansas Reader textbook printed about 1920 by the State of Kansas for local schools. Click on them to read. And ... yes ... these are from the State of Kansas. It is amazing how far away the modern concept of 'separation of church and state' has removed our nation from the LORD.







When You Lie Down ... Acts 20-21
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

Today working hard is a rarity. My grand parents worked harder than I do. And today the rage is "work smart not hard".

Work is a blessing from the LORD. To be able to produce and create is a gift not a burden. To often we look at leisure as the goal rather than work and its bounty.

Work hard while you can. And give away the results of that work the LORD has blessed you with ... while you can.

No comments: