Monday, March 2

Day 57

As You Rise ... Psalms 26-29
Chapter 26 in mp3
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3
Chapter 29 in mp3

Prove me, O Lord, and try me;
test my heart and my mind.

That is a hard thing to pray. To be put through the fire. There is a song I like to listen to to get pumped up: God Of Elijah by Disciple. One part of that song is ...

God of Elijah, send your fire
Let it burn up inside me, melt me down


LORD ... melt me down as the fire melts down precious metals. I know we are precious to you and for that you bring us through the fire to refine who we are. Help me to stand within the flame and to know that it is for You that I am there.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 30-32
Chapter 30 in mp3
Chapter 31 in mp3
Chapter 32 in mp3

For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.

There are always two who know your sins. God and you.

People are interesting things when it comes to stories and ideas. We just can't keep a good idea to ourselves. They infect our minds in such a way that we almost become sick if we don't tell them to someone. We all have experienced that with a good joke or a story that really touched us. The corruption of that feeling is the making of a gossip.

But when it comes to the sin that we try to hide inside .... I can think of no better description than it feeling as if your very bones are wasting away. When we are in the wrong, we KNOW it. Down to our bones. Daily God will remind you of what you have not brought before Him to ask forgiveness of.

But, Oh what a blessed feeling of freedom when you finally present yourself before God to ask forgiveness. And to know you are forgiven!
When You Lie Down ... Acts 22-23
Chapter 22 in mp3
Chapter 23 in mp3

Take courage, for as you have testified to the facts about me in Jerusalem, so you must testify also in Rome.

At all times we are called to share the Truth. No matter if it is to be in times of ease or in times of great difficulty. Always share the good news.

And don't be too surprised when God brings people into your life at the right time for Him ( maybe the wrong time for your plans ). For in all things that happen ... The LORD will be praised.

No comments: