Thursday, March 5

Day 60

As You Rise ... Psalms 49-53
Chapter 49 in mp3
Chapter 50 in mp3
Chapter 51 in mp3
Chapter 52 in mp3
Chapter 53 in mp3

But to the wicked God says:
“What right have you to recite my statutes or take my covenant on your lips? For you hate discipline, and you cast my words behind you. If you see a thief, you are pleased with him, and you keep company with adulterers.

“You give your mouth free rein for evil, and your tongue frames deceit. You sit and speak against your brother; you slander your own mother's son."

As I listen to the chapters for each day I usually write down a small note on what comes to mind in a particular chapter. This is what I had for this section ...

Ps 50 - My Nation

So many just give lip service and then deny the LORD's truth.

Our current financial situation exposes us as a nation of thieves. As a nation that takes from its children to pay for the pleasures of the adults.

We hate discipline rather than understand that we need to be corrected from doing wrong.

I pray that God will give Christians the strength of will to stand up and say enough. Or that He will rise up and humble us.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 54-59
Chapter 54 in mp3
Chapter 55 in mp3
Chapter 56 in mp3
Chapter 57 in mp3
Chapter 58 in mp3
Chapter 59 in mp3

For it is not an enemy who taunts me — then I could bear it; it is not an adversary who deals insolently with me — then I could hide from him.

But it is you, a man, my equal, my companion, my familiar friend. We used to take sweet counsel together; within God's house we walked in the throng.

Choose your friends wisely. Something I worry a lot about for my kids? Who they will grow up with.

Once our children are in school their days will have them asleep for about 10 hours, with you for about 6 hours, and with their friends for about 8 hours. And as they grow the hours will strongly shift to their friends and away from you.

And peer pressure can be applied for evil or good.

So apply a little bit of positive pressure as well. Not just on your kids, but on their friends. How? Just be involved in their lives. Teach in Sunday school. Help coach the sports team. Show them and their friends that you love them as Christ loves them. Model what is right and true.
When You Lie Down ... Romans 1-4
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.

Isn't that the truth.

Take some time today to go outside to walk, watch, and listen. Find a quiet spot to just meditate on God and what He has made for you to enjoy.

No comments: