Friday, March 6

Day 61

As You Rise ... Psalms 60-63
Chapter 60 in mp3
Chapter 61 in mp3
Chapter 62 in mp3
Chapter 63 in mp3

... when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night.

I find that after I wake up from a nightmare it is a good time to think about God. I sit quietly and listen to my wife breathe. And then get up and listen to the kids. Maybe poke them a bit if they are too quiet and I really need to make sure everyone is OK.

My heart is still racing and I can't get the images out of my head.

It is a good time to think about God and his creation. About the blessings of our lives and all that He has done for us.
As You Walk By The Way ...Psalms 64-67
Chapter 64 in mp3
Chapter 65 in mp3
Chapter 66 in mp3
Chapter 67 in mp3

Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!"

Where is nothing more humbling then to really know how small I am among God's deeds. We run to the basement during a tornado and can only hope that it will pass us by. And then a line of storms, longer than the length of the land promised to Israel, passes over us. Many times a year we experience that.

We may imagine ourselves to be in control of our lives. But, it is an illusion that only comes upon us during the times of ease. When hard times come we are reminded of just how awesome God is.
When You Lie Down ... Romans 5-7
Chapter 5 in mp3
Chapter 6 in mp3
Chapter 7 in mp3

... while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Who am I? I wasn't a friend to God. I wasn't right with God. I wasn't a good person. Yet ... Christ died for me.

He died for us.

Not for the good we did ... because any small amount we could try could never pay for our sins.

He died for us ... just because He loved us.

No comments: