Thursday, May 21

Goal Number 1 is DONE!

I finished listening to the entire bible a couple of weeks ago. It just took me this long to finish writing the posts and thinking about the sections themselves.
102 days to listen to the entire bible.

Total Time ... 74 Hours 28 Minutes and 8 Seconds.

It takes 3 sessions a day at about 15 minutes a shot.
Praise God for the ESV translation and especially for the online api they created for people to use. It is an amazing resource to use and I encourage more people to do so.

You can listen to the entire bible like I was trying, 3 times a day. Or you can listen once a day and cover the entire bible in 306 days. Just jump back to Day 1 :)

Personally it has been a wonderful journey. My wife asked what all I've learned from this. And I really can't just answer that. What I've learned is far more than what I wrote on each of the days. I've learned more about the Word while listening and reading than I have ever had by just reading. I've been convicted by the Word before, but while hearing the Word that conviction was much deeper upon my soul. At times I had to just stop and morn for the things that were pressed upon my heart.

And covering the entire bible in about 100 days has really thrust upon me how connected God's message is for us. The Old Testament isn't meant to be separate from the New Testament. So often in the past I would read a few verses and think hard about them. But, by covering them all like this ... I can better see God's plan for our walk together. How to be a better husband, a better father, and a better man.
Deuteronomy 6:7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
- mark

No comments: