Tuesday, May 19

Day 100

As You Rise ... Micah 6-7
Chapter 6 in mp3
Chapter 7 in mp3

“With what shall I come before the Lord, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?”

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Isn't it easier to pay a fine than to change?

When you give a person a "price" for their sin they just look at it as the price tag. The amount that they need to collect to pay for what they desired. Want to cheat on your spouse? Well that is only a couple hundred given to the church and an I'm sorry. What to lie, covet, rage, hate? Throw up a few prayers and maybe a tithe and you can get right back to sinning.

God accepts none of that. Everything you could throw at your sins might as well be rotted filth. He only takes one thing. Do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with Him. How is that one thing?

They all mean the same thing ... Follow the LORD with all that you are.

So if you are in sin: Stop, Turn, and Follow God.

As You Walk By The Way ... Nahum 1-3, Habakkuk 1-3
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3

Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls.

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places.

I find it hard at times to rejoice when I'm getting stronger. To be able to run farther than before you need to ... run farther than before. To be able to lift more weight you need to ... lift more weight. It is hard and tiring. But, to become stronger physically you need to work harder physically. And not everyone rejoices as they work hard.

But, it is a blessing of God's to be able to work hard. It is actually a blessing to live in hard times. Hard emotionally, spiritually, and physically.

So like when you keep your eyes focused down the road on the next mile you have to run. You can endure the places where you feet are striking the road.

Likewise, keep your eyes focused on the LORD. On your eternal salvation. Know that the road you are on is only there to make you the person God has designed you to be ... at the finish.

When You Lie Down ... Revelation 13-15
Chapter 13 in mp3
Chapter 14 in mp3
Chapter 15 in mp3

“Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

Blessed are those who strive in their labors at the moment. For their eternal reward is in Heaven! Blessed indeed!

So as we go about today focus on your labor. Do the best you can. For your rest will come and the reward will come. It is assured.

No comments: