Tuesday, April 7

Day 79

As You Rise ... Isaiah 20-25
Chapter 20 in mp3
Chapter 21 in mp3
Chapter 22 in mp3
Chapter 23 in mp3
Chapter 24 in mp3
Chapter 25 in mp3

In that day the Lord God of hosts called for weeping and mourning,
for baldness and wearing sackcloth; and behold, joy and gladness, killing oxen and slaughtering sheep, eating flesh and drinking wine. “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.”

Tomorrow we die ...

Yes, we do die. Yet we should live, not for today, but for what comes after. Our death is not the end. It is the door to eternity. An eternity with God or suffering without God.

Our lives today are lives meant to prepare us for eternity. It not a call for selfishness, but goodness. It is not a call to fulfil the desires of your flesh, but to live as Christ lived.
As You Walk By The Way ... Isaiah 26-29
Chapter 26 in mp3
Chapter 27 in mp3
Chapter 28 in mp3
Chapter 29 in mp3

Thus says the Lord God,

“Behold, I am the one who has laid as a foundation in Zion, a stone, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone, of a sure foundation: ‘Whoever believes will not be in haste.’ And I will make justice the line, and righteousness the plumb line; and hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, and waters will overwhelm the shelter.”

Christ is my foundation. He is the cornerstone of my heart and life.

Now that God has given the base upon what I should build ... how have I done? You can build a terrible house on top of a good foundation. I suppose I could not put the roof on. Which would be rather stupid. But I've seen abandoned homes that ended at that point.

As we build upon Christ we need to remember to use justice as our measure. Righteousness to keep our paths straight. The Word to build our walls. And Love to cover our heads.
When You Lie Down ... Philippians 1-4
Chapter 1 in mp3
Chapter 2 in mp3
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3

For to me to live is Christ

LORD ...

Help me to live as Christ.
To sacrifice for my family.
To love my wife as you did the Church ... giving your life.
To seek out the lost.
To give with love to those in need.

To look upon the cross and know that is how far my love must go.

No comments: