Monday, April 6

Day 78

As You Rise ... Isaiah 9-13
Chapter 9 in mp3
Chapter 10 in mp3
Chapter 11 in mp3
Chapter 12 in mp3
Chapter 13 in mp3

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.

Praise the LORD.
As You Walk By The Way ... Isaiah 14-19
Chapter 14 in mp3
Chapter 15 in mp3
Chapter 16 in mp3
Chapter 17 in mp3
Chapter 18 in mp3
Chapter 19 in mp3

You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’

The sin of Satan is also the first and continual sin of man. We try to make ourselves as God. We first deny God and then setup either ourselves or things we have made with our hands and minds as our gods.

We may not setup little wooden idols on our fireplace mantles. But what you sacrifice to, what you listen to, what you spend your money on ... that is what you worship. Is it God? Is it your desires?
When You Lie Down ... Ephesians 3-6
Chapter 3 in mp3
Chapter 4 in mp3
Chapter 5 in mp3
Chapter 6 in mp3

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

I always feel like I'm walking the fine line of guiding my children or provoking them. They want to drive in the way of what they want at the moment. I stand in their way when that direction is wrong.

It can provoke them to anger, but like a road's guard rails are put up to keep us from driving where we want for a reason. As a father I believe God has called me to a guard rail for them in their lives. I can't always keep them from going over the cliff. But, I can make it hard.

No comments: